Tuesday, April 18, 2017

the principles of firsts

I finally turned 21 this past week, and therefore used my I.D. for the first time ever to buy alcohol. I was completely ecstatic. Not because I was buying alcohol, but because I was doing something for the first time in my life, and it had been a long time since I had done something for the first time. I was venturing out into the unexplored.

There’s something interesting about doing something for the first time, it’s called the unknown. We might be overcome with joy, or we might cripple in fear. Whatever the outcome may be, we’re seldom able to know exactly how things will turn out ahead of time.  

However, no matter how scary or fun a first time experience might be, it sure is exciting. It certainly is true that life begins (to be more exciting) once we get outside our comfort zones, (and therefore beginning to do more first time experiences).

First time experiences don’t have to be complex. It could be as simple as going down a street you haven’t gone down before.

On this street you’ll see many things, some of which you expected, and some of which you did not, and that’s the fun of it, the unknown.

First time experiences also allow us to stray from our regularly dull linear lifestyles by spicing things up through the unknown.

Try you’re best not to plan your first encounters, but to let them occur naturally. Planning only takes away from the event itself.

The more you’re able to embrace the unknown, the easier it will become to have more first time experiences, and therefore have more fun in general. Any encountered adversity along the way will only act as a learning milestone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment